Alaskan Winter

Alaskan Winter
An Alaskan Winter Paradise

Alaskan Spring

Alaskan Spring
Spring Has Arrived

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Saga Continues...

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, our closing date has been pushed back again. Shocking, I know. I'm sure you're beginning to think this whole house buying story is just a big hoax. I'm beginning to feel that way too.

We received a call today from the realtor's new assistant. His former assistant was very good about keeping us up to date on what was happening, but apparently her last day was sometime last week. The new guy didn't give me any details, but told me closing would be pushed back to April 15. I'll have Matthew call him back to get the details later (Matthew is sleeping right now; he's working nights this week)...the assistant didn't have any idea who I was. He doesn't really seem to have any idea about what's going on with the house either. Matthew has told him things that the former assistant told us, and the guy had no clue. We're feeling really confident about this whole experience. Or maybe not.

The lock on our interest rate expired yesterday, so now it is going to cost $20 per day until we close, to keep that rate. Yesterday the new assistant told Matthew that the Bank agreed to pay those fees. At least we don't have to worry about that expense.

Matthew has been looking forward to settling in to the house and starting a garden this spring, but at this point, I'm not sure he'll be able to. At the rate we're going, we'll be doing good to close before May. I'm sure there's a lesson here for us, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. As I said in my first post, this is probably designed to teach us patience, among other things. I have never been an extremely patient person, so apparently it has to take something like this to teach me patience. It's a difficult lesson to learn. I'm sure God has a reason for all of this though, so we just need to continue to trust Him and His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment